Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Too Much For One Post!







Okay, so it's been WAY too long since I have even thought about this blog!! About a million exciting things have happened in my life since the last post. Since there is too much to talk about, I will start with the most important thing that has happened and the most recent news.

JULY 4TH 2009 - THE WEDDING!
What an amazing day! Bill and I got married on a beautiful but rainy day in Champaign/Urbana. It was full of excitement, nervousness, friends, family, and tons of fun! It was everything I had hoped for and more. I am so blessed to have such wonderful friends and family. The morning started out amazing as my bridesmaids surprised me with a early morning massage at the I Hotel. I had been so stressed out leading up to that day that I really needed some relaxing. Thanks girls! Then we went to Hair Design to get our hair done. Mine took a long time. I actually didn't really like the final result very much. It just wasn't how I had pictured my hair turning out, but looking back it did look ok. I also got my makeup done there. I liked it a lot and it was nice not to have to worry about doing it myself. My mom brought bagels and yummies to snack on, which was nice. Then we headed to the church in the limo bus and all got ready there. There were lots of fun snacks and fun times while we were getting ready. It was fun to see all of the bridesmaids get dressed. They all looked so pretty!!! Then it was finally time for me to get on my dress. This was exciting! After I was in my dress, my dad stopped by to get a sneak peak. Kenny Kim got some awesome pictures of my dad seeing me for the first time with my dress on and giving me a big hug and kiss. So cute!

Then it was time for the ceremony. I had to run under an umbrella from the room we got changed in to a little room in the back of the church. I could see out a window into the church and saw all the people coming in. It was kind of peaceful being in there by myself for the minutes leading up to the wedding. I reflected on how lucky I was to be marrying the man of my dreams and also how lucky I am to have so much support and love from family and friends on this day, and also everyday. Finally it was time to start the ceremony. It was fun to walk with my dad down the isle. I will never forget it. Seeing Bill at the end of the isle made me really happy. We took each others hands and the rest was history. Father Joe was really funny and made us feel calm during the ceremony. At one point I winked to Bill and Kenny Kim caught an awesome picture of it. I forget a lot of the details of the ceremony, but luckily we have it all on video. I should watch it again soon!

A funny thing happened as Bill and I were headed out of the church. He was a little bit behind me somehow he walked right into a glass door and got a big red mark on his forehead!!! I also had a little slip up about an hour later as we were taking pictures in between the ceremony and reception. We were getting out of the limo bus to take pictures at the Assembly Hall and I somehow managed to slip down the steps of the bus and fall right on my butt down the steps and onto the ground. It really hurt! Luckily, my dress didn't get dirty at all and we got some AMAZING pictures! Kenny was able to display some of the pictures he took from the ceremony and after on video screens outside of the reception hall. It was fun to see all of the pictures. I think people really enjoyed that part.

Next was the reception. The room was decorated really beautifully and the food was great. I was for some reason really nervous for this part of the day. I just wanted everything to go perfectly. My dad gave a really cute and funny speech. It made me cry. Then Will, the best man, prepared a sideshow for Bill that FINALLY played after some technical difficulty. Then Isabel, the matron of honor, and Mooshy (Kim), a bridesmaid, gave a beautiful speech that once again made me cry. Then, out of no where, Bill got up and gave a speech that he had prepared. It was so sweet and wonderful and unexpected. I cried AGAIN! Then it was time for the dancing. Bill and I had practiced our first dance a couple of times and we had a blast out there dancing to "When I See You Smile" by Bad English. Then my dad and I did the dad-daughter dance that we had practiced many times to "Butterfly Kisses". It was extra special because in the background we played an old video of my dad and I dancing when I was just a young girl. It was my idea to incorporate this and it turned out great. There were a lot of teary faces in the audience for this one. Then Bill and his mom danced to Elton John. It was so cute :) Then the dancing and fun began!!!!!

Overall, it was an amazing day that I will never forget. There were so many good memories. My family and I have talked about writing them all down so we wouldn't forget them, but we haven't done that yet!!! That is on the "to do" list.

Okay, the most recent news is that Bill is almost done with medical school and in just 2 days he finds out where he matches for residency. He applied to radiology and found out on Monday that he for sure did match somewhere (some people sadly don't match into a program at all!). Thursday is "Match Day" and he will open an enevelop which tells him where he will be spending the next 5 years of his life. It is nerve wracking but also exciting. I will let you know what happens!

BYE FOR NOW.....but hopefully not for too long!


No comments: