Wednesday, July 2, 2008

And so it begins

Ok, here goes nothing. My first blog entry! First off, I love reading blogs. There are some blogs that I will check almost everyday to see if there is a new post. They give insight into people's lives and help us connect to people that we do not get to see or talk to as much as we would like. I have been contemplating starting my own blog for a couple of months, but now seemed as good a time as ever to start one. I am blogging first and foremost for myself, to record my adventures and thoughts like a journal, so I can keep track of everything going on in my life and to recount all of the things that I have done. I also hope others can read my blog to see what is going on in my life and also to seek advice or insight into things that I have done in my life. I am not sure when I will be ready to share my blog with others, so if you are reading this there might be many posts already!

So, some of you might be wondering about the bB (baby Bear) stuff on my blog. It all started from being called Sara Bear by my parents while growing up. It then turned into just Bear or Beara and since I have decided that our entire family is the Bear family. I have named myself bB because I am the youngest (well actually the only) youngester of the family. So, hopefully now you understand the title of my blog!

Now a little bit about myself. I am a graduate student in an Exercise Immunology lab at the University of Illinois attempting to FINALLY get my Masters degree here in the next month. This means I am crazy right now analyzing data for my thesis and trying to finish writing it. I will be starting medical school at Southern Illinois University in August. This will be a very exciting experience for me. I have never lived more than 4 miles from home, so moving to Carbondale (about 200 miles away) will be a big step for me. I am "leaving behind" my mom who will get that empty nest feeling all over again. My dad lives in Augusta, GA where he moved to for work. I recently got engaged (April 2008). My fiance is starting his 3rd year in medical school in Peoria. So, all in all, this means my family is really spread out!

Well, that's it for my first entry. Much more to come soon! Thanks for reading :)

No comments: